This is a conference where it is not inconceivable that a presenter might wish to bring in weaponry for demonstration purposes.
If you wish to bring a weapon, you must apply in advance, explaining why you are bringing it
- ALL weapons must be non-working and peace-bonded (see below);
- Non functioning projectile weapons includes water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols;
- Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times except in the demonstration;
- There will be absolutely no play-acting with props;
- Explosives or chemicals of any kind including, but not limited to, smoke powder, sparklers, and fireworks, are not permitted at the event;
- It may only be with you on the day of the presentation.
Peace-bonding is the act of making it clear that your weapon cannot be used (either by a brightly colored tie, or trigger lock) and that your intentions are peaceful. It must be brought to registration which will call a committee member to approve.
You must also comply with all legislation in place in locale of the conference. You cannot use attendance at this event as justification for carry.